Obtain the smile of your dreams with state-of-the-art technology at Westerville Dental Health
Bonding is a simple cosmetic procedure that can dramatically improve the appearance of your teeth and smile, providing a healthy and bright smile you desire.
Through bonding, we apply a resin material to the front of your teeth to alter the surface, size, and/or shape of a tooth, creating a natural-looking appearance that is free of imperfections. You won’t see any discoloration or chipped teeth when you look in the mirror. You’ll only see a perfect, white smile looking back at you.
Molded from a material similar to a durable plastic, cosmetic bonding provides a solid enough solution for many dental problems, and in fact, some dentists even use bonding to replace amalgam fillings because they look better. Not only will bonding improve your look, but it will also improve your health.
Bonding can be used to correct the appearance of a number of dental issues, including the following:
- Tooth decay and cavities – bonding can be used in place of amalgam fillings.
- Chips and cracks – bonding can be used to diminish the appearance of chips and cracks on teeth, making the smile more attractive.
- Discoloration and stains – bonding can be made to match the natural color of your teeth in order to cover up imperfections such as discoloration and stains on the teeth.
- Large gaps or uneven spacing – bonding can be used to widen the base of your teeth to diminish the appearance of unsightly gaps between teeth.
- Misshapen or extended teeth – bonding can be used to correct or re-shape teeth.
- Exposed roots from receding gums – by covering the exposed roots with bonding, the appearance is improved and sensitivity of the exposed root is also reduced, alleviating pain and discomfort associated with exposed dental roots.
Dental bonding is a simple fix that is inexpensive, painless, and uncomplicated.
The bonding procedure is typically painless, except in cases where some drilling of a cavity is required and topical anesthesia may be used. The process is also inexpensive and takes less than an hour to apply. Technological advancements have led to a wide assortment of types and colors of bonding resin so that the material can be matched to the color of each patient’s teeth for a perfectly natural look.
Cosmetic bonding is a simple procedure that our doctors at Westerville Dental Health can complete easily in the comfort of our offices. Other treatments, such as porcelain veneers, crowns or bridges, may require the services of an off-site dental lab.